Garlic Fried Rice
Serves 2 people
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 100 g leftover pre-cooked chicken (substitute with raw chicken if you prefer fresh chicken)
- 300 g cooked rice, cold
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks spring onion, sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 80 g long beans, diced (substitute with any other leftover vegetable)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
In a pan on medium heat, add 2 Tbsp vegetable oil. When hot, add in beaten eggs and scramble until frothy.
Add in garlic, fry till fragrant. Add long beans and leave to cook. Then add rice. Toss until evenly mixed.
Add cooked chicken and spring onions.
Add ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper and 1 tsp fish sauce and mix well.
Add 2 tsp sesame oil, toss again and serve hot.
- Use any other types of leftover meat, or simply go meatless
- If using raw chicken, boil chicken in a pot of water with 1 tsp salt. Remove and set aside to cool. Once cooled, dice chicken and set aside