Sriracha Chicken Wrap
Serves 2 people
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
- Sriracha is a hot sauce named after the coastal city of Si Racha in eastern Thailand, made for accompanying seafood
- 300 g chicken breast (use leftovers, if you have any)
- 2 pcs tortilla wrap
- 100 g iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sriracha, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp pickled green chili
- 1 Tbsp Nyonya pickles
Shred and marinate chicken
Preheat oven to 160°C
Using a fork or your hands, shred the chicken breast. Once shredded, marinate with sriracha and set aside for 20 minutes.
- If you’re in a rush, just dress the chicken and wrap straightaway
Cut lettuce and tomatoes
While chicken is marinating, chop lettuce and slice tomatoes. Set aside
On a flat surface, lay out a tortilla wrap. Spread 1 Tbsp mayo on the tortilla, then layer half the lettuce, 3 slices tomato, half the chicken, 1 tsp pickled green chili and 1 tsp Nonya pickles.
Fold the bottom onto the top of the meat, then fold in the side and roll to seal the tortilla, keeping it tight.
Wrap tortilla in aluminum foil and place it in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 160°C to warm it up.
Repeat for the remaining ingredients.
Serve warm, with extra sriracha if desired.