Thai Mango Salad
Serves 4 people
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 2 Thai green mangoes, shredded
- ½ Tbsp dried shrimp, soaked and drained
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 chili padi, halved
- 4 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp palm sugar
- 4 Tbsp crushed peanuts
Prepare the sauce
In a mortar and pestle, pound garlic and ½ Tbsp dried shrimps into a paste.
Add 4 Tbsp fish sauce, 2 Tbsp palm sugar, lime juice and chili padi into the paste. Mash slowly with the pestle.
- Adjust the amount of sugar and fish sauce to how sweet or salty you want the dish to be
- For a spicier kick, add more chili padi and cut them into smaller pieces
Mix the salad
Add the shredded mango into a bowl and mix with the sauce, tossing gently.
Add cherry tomatoes.
Plate the salad
Garnish with crushed peanuts and serve.