Golden Crisp Prawns with Curry Leaves
Crispy golden-brown prawns tossed in salted egg sauce by Martin Yan from Martin Yan Asian Favorites
- 20 minutes
- 40 minutes
- 6 servings
- 3 Salted egg yolks
- 2 cups Vegetable oil
- 12 medium Prawns, deveined and deshelled
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon White pepper
- 2 egg Yolks
- 3 tablespoons Corn flour
- 3 tablespoons Rice flour
- 20 grams Butter + 1 tbs Vegetable oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 8 Bird’s Eye chilies, sliced
- 4 stalks Curry leaves
- Pinch of Salt
- GARNISH INGREDIENTS:
- 1 Red chili, julienned
- 1 Iceberg lettuce leaf
- 4 Iceberg lettuce leaves, julienned
- 1 Tomato, halved and sliced
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves, fried
- 3 Bird’s eye chilies, sliced half lengthwise
- Place the salted egg yolks into a dish and steam it in the Cubie Oven for 15 minutes on high setting, until thoroughly cooked. Mash with a fork and allow to cool.
- Marinate the prawns with salt and white pepper.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs. Then combine it with the prawns.
- In a separate bowl, add the corn flour and rice flour. Mix it well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan till hot, the dip the prawns in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the vegetable oil till hot and fry prawns in batches for 1-2 mins till golden - but do not overcook. Drain the prawns.
- In a separate skillet, heat butter and oil mixture, then sauté garlic, chili and curry leaves for about for 30 seconds.
- Add the salted egg yolks and stir till creamy, then put in the prawns and sugar. Toss to coat, turn off heat and dish up.
- To serve, arrange salad of lettuce and tomatoes, then lay the prawns all around the vegetables, reserving a few on the bed of sliced lettuce. Garnish with red chili and fried curry leaves.
Share it with your friends.