Tom Yam Duck
A unique dish that combines duck with Tom Yam paste.
- 15 minutes
- 40 minutes
- 4 - 6 servings
- 1 whole duck (cut bite-size)
- 2 red chilies
- 5 bird’s eye chilies
- 150g shallot
- 50g garlic
- 30g ginger
- 20g galangal
- 10g turmeric
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 15g coriander roots
- 6 pcs Kaffir lime leaf
- 1 stalk ginger flower
- 3 tbsp Calamansi juice and skin
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Salt and sugar
- Process all herbs with a food processor until everything becomes a paste (except for ginger flower and kaffir lime leaf).
- Heat pan with oil and sear duck until light brown.
- Add enough water enough to cover the duck.
- Add salt and cover lid. Cook on medium low until water is reduced and the duck is three-quarter cooked.
- While the duck is simmering, sauté the paste in another pan until fragrant.
- Add the paste, kaffir lime leaf, ginger flower, calamansi juice and the whole calamansi with skin when duck is three-quarter cooked.
- Continue cooking on low heat until the sauce thickens and the duck is tender.
- Add fish sauce and sugar to taste.
Share it with your friends.